Certification body BALTIC CERTIFICATION CENTRE Ltd. /hereinafter – Certification body/ more than 10 years successfully operates on EU railway market and beyond as an independent and competent authority for certification, providing an impartial assessment of the conformity of railway products in a wide scope of accreditation from the Latvian National accreditation body – Latvian National Accreditation Bureau /www.latak.gov.lv/, which acts as signatory of the Multilateral Agreement of the European Cooperation for Accreditation /EA MLA/ and ensures recognition of national accreditation in all countries /member states of the European Union and other signatory countries/ that have signed mentioned agreement /https://european-accreditation.org/mutual-recognition/the-ea-mla/.
Certification body employees are highly qualified and experienced in conformity assessment of railway products. This fact allows us to declare that Certification body employs some of the most qualified and experienced experts in conformity assessment of railway products not only in the Baltic States, but also in the European Union.
Certification body accredited in accordance with EN ISO/IEC 17065 “Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services" to perform works in mandatory sector of accreditation scope in conformance with the following regulations:
- TSI LOC and PAS /Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1302/2014 of 18 November 2014 concerning a technical specification for interoperability relating to the ‘rolling stock — locomotives and passenger rolling stock’ subsystem of the rail system in the European Union/;
- TSI WAG /Commission Regulation (EU) No. 321/2013 of13 March 2013 concerning the technical specification for interoperability relating to the subsystem rolling stock — freight wagons of the rail system in the European Union and repealing Decision 2006/861/EC)/;
- TSI NOI /Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1304/2014 of26 November 2014 on the technical specification for interoperability relating to the subsystem ‘rolling stock — noise’ amending Decision 2008/232/EC and repealing Decision 2011/229/EU/;
- TSI PRM /Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1300/2014 of18 November 2014 on the technical specifications for interoperability relating to accessibility of the Union's rail system for persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility/;
- Acceptable means of compliance of Republic of Latvia /European Union Agency for Railways RDD System/;
- Republic of Latvia Cabinet Regulation No. 539 of June 17, 2009 "Rules for conformity assessment of tanks and containers intended for transportation of dangerous goods by railway" section 3 "Used tanks conformity assessment procedure".
In voluntary sector of accreditation scope certification services could be performed in accordance with following regulations:
- GOST 31235-2004 “Passenger Cars After Overhaul Reconditioning Repair. Operational Safety Requirement".
Over the years, Certification body assessed and certified hundreds of units of various railway products, such as locomotives, EMU-trains, DMU-trains, freight and passenger cars, special rolling stock and other.
Financial support of Certification body ensured by the funds received from the performed activities of Certification body, or by investments from the owners of the company. As the result all costs of Certification body, including staff salaries and creation of reserves to fulfil obligations in accordance with existing risks arising in the course of the Certification body's activities are reimbursed.
Civil liability of professional activities of Certification body is insured by one of the leading insurance companies of the relevant market.
Certification body act as active member of the NB-Rail Coordination Group.